Five health and fitness tips for a healthier 2018
Our Fort Worth and Grapevine obgyns are here to help you achieve optimal health. In 2018, our physicians urge you to take control of your health and fitness.
Follow our health and fitness tips in 2018 for a healthy year and life
Healthy habits pay dividends in the present and the future for women of all ages. If you adopt these five health and fitness practices, you will reduce your risk of developing health problems, including certain cancers, cardiovascular disease and diabetes. You will also improve your general and reproductive health.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet. A healthy diet should include the following.
- Lean proteins, including grilled, broiled or baked fish, meat, poultry and legumes
- Fruits and vegetables
- Whole grains
- Foods rich in calcium, including dairy products, kale and broccoli
In addition, limit sugar and saturated fats.
- Track your food intake and practice portion control. Part of improving your health and fitness is weight management. Keep track of what and how much you eat with a mobile app. Educate yourself about portion sizes and practice portion control.
- Get 60 to 90 minutes of moderate to intense exercise each week. If exercise hasn’t been a part of your life, start slowly. Move more and exercise in 10 minute increments.
- Address stress and mental health issues in your life. For better health and fitness, it’s important to address stress, depression and other mental health issues that can affect your daily life. Yoga, meditation or counseling can help.
- If you are planning to get pregnant, focus on preconception health. A preconception counseling appointment with our Fort Worth and Grapevine obgyns can help you plan for a healthy pregnancy. Important goals for preconception health include getting to and maintaining a healthy weight, eating a healthy diet, getting enough exercise and reducing stress. You should also begin taking folic acid supplements.
Our Fort Worth and Grapevine obgyns can help you get healthy
Our physicians can help you achieve your health and fitness goals. Contact us to schedule an annual wellness or preconception counseling appointment.Tweet