Dental care in pregnancy
Don’t neglect your dental care during pregnancy.
Dental treatment during pregnancy:
• X-rays are permitted with proper shielding of the abdomen
• Anesthesia – Lidocaine with or without Epinephrine
• Antibiotics – Amoxicillin, if allergic to Amoxicillin you can use Erythromycin
• Pain medications – Darvocet N-100, Tylenol #3 or Vicodin
Travel during pregnancy
Travel during pregnancy is fine in a normal pregnancy up to 34 weeks.
Some special considerations for air travel are:
• Avoid air travel in the last few weeks of pregnancy
• Do not travel to any third world countries
• Take pillows to keep yourself comfortable during travel
• Drink plenty of water
Use of sauna or hot tub during pregnancy
The use of hot tubs and saunas are not recommended if temperature is over 100°. There have been documented complications to pregnancy when a woman’s core body temperature has been raised.
Hair care during pregnancy
It is okay to color, highlight or perm your hair during pregnancy.
Seat belts during pregnancy
Always wear your seat belt, with the bottom of the belt across your hips, not over your abdomen and always wear the shoulder strap.